About Us - http://www.wiserg.com
WISErg, a startup company located in Redmond, Washington, is a bio-clean technology company combining systems from bio-tech, clean-tech and high-tech.
Landfills have become huge problems. Communities everywhere are saying, “Not in my backyard!”
We here at WISErg are turning this into a bio-clean solution that communities will not only be happy to have in their backyards but at the same time use our products on their backyards.
The Solution: WISErg’s Process
We are combining biological science, mechanical engineering and software engineering into a solution that converts landfill bound food waste into a highly productive organic fertilizer. The food waste is captured at grocery stores by a WISErg Harvester where it is processed odor and pest free into a liquid. This liquid is transported to a WISErg HUB where it goes through an enclosed biological process and processed into organic fertilizer. The fertilizer is used by farmers to grow even bigger, better tasting food that is sold back to the grocery stores or farmers markets. We are making a difference in our communities and the planet we live on.
Are you looking for position where you can gain an unmeasurable amount of HR/Recruiting experience, interpersonal, and professional skills?
Are you creative and insightful?
Do you want a position with part-time flexibility with the potential to become a full-time position?
In this role, you’ll wear several hats and gain experience in recruiting, onboarding, employee relations & benefits. You’ll grow in your career by being part of a growing team and by making an impact. You will influence on HR decisions and programs.
- Recruiting and interviewing candidates for open positions; conduct background checks and reference checks.
- Onboard all new employees including but not limited to; creating new employee offer letters, ensuring completion of all new hire paperwork (e.g., Confidentiality Agreement, I-9, W4, insurance enrollment, etc.), creation of employee file, meeting with the new employee on their first day for orientation.
- Off-boarding employees - conducting exit interviews, updating payroll, informing IT, etc.
- Overseeing annual benefit renewals and performing benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, paid disability leave, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Maintaining compliance with US federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Advising managers and supervisors regarding employee relations issues or disciplinary actions.
- Administering various Human Resource plans and policies, including preparing and updating employee guide and policies and procedures manual.
- Maintenance of employee records and files.
- Liaison with the health insurance broker in handling health insurance enrollments and related matters.
- Facilitate workers’ compensation claims and return to work program.
- Assist with the execution of the safety programs and work closely with department managers in tracking, providing and following up on safety related information and ensure HR related safety initiatives are followed.
- Plans and coordinated employee events such as social functions, team buildings, trainings and HR presentations.
- Provide general administrative support to staff.
- Other general duties and projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of previous HR and/or recruiting experience.
- Prior experience in a start-up environment strongly preferred.
- Must have high initiative, be resourceful, able to work independently without a lot of guidance, and be solution-oriented.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize, project manage and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, maintaining flexibility and responsiveness to changing priorities
- Requires fluency in English with good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with all levels of management and staff in a diverse, global environment.
- Computer skills:
- Intermediate MS Office Skills
- HRIS experience, Paylocity preferred