WISErg Corporation (WISErg), is a Redmond, WA based fertilizer products company established in 2010. It develops and commercially distributes fertilizer products in the Western United States and Mexico. The Company’s manufacturing process combines biological science, mechanical engineering and software engineering into a solution that converts landfill-bound food waste into a highly productive fertilizer approved for use in organic and conventional crops. The food waste is captured at grocery stores by a WISErg Harvester where it is processed into an odor and pest-free liquid. This liquid is transported to a WISErg production facility, where it goes through an enclosed biological, patent-protected process and is turned into organic fertilizer.
Commercial growers use the Company’s products to improve production yields, reduce handling and labor costs, and improve soil health. The Company is in the second year of commercial sales and has an aggressive domestic and international growth strategy.
The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for the sales activities of WISErg fertilizer products within the assigned territory. The ideal candidate will have experience selling specialty value-added fertilizer products, a strong agronomy background, and have a solid understanding of fertility management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Duties include but are not limited to the following: (Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities at any time.)
· Execute sales strategy for assigned territory to retain and expand existing business accounts and attract a significant volume of new business.
· Consistently meet or exceed sales objectives to meet company financial objectives.
· Actively employ a customer segmentation strategy to execute customer development activities required to achieve growth targets, increase revenue and maximize margin.
· Collaborate with the Regional Agronomist in developing and managing research and field trials focused on key crops and geographies.
· Identify dealer and grower education program needs. Participate in development and execution of education programs.
· Work directly with the customer to troubleshoot and alleviate any concerns and issues. Coordinate with the Regional Agronomist and headquarters on resolutions.
· Actively implement and promote marketing programs and incentives for WISErg portfolio of products.
· Assist in planning and forecasting product movement to facilitate the SOIP and demand planning process.
· Support internal database development through the Company’s CRM.
· Identify and provide feedback on product improvement and new product development opportunities consistent with customer needs
· Represent the Company at trade and customer events.
· Provide market intelligence from within the territory
· Conduct appropriate and thorough analysis on the market, business, forecast, ‘look back’ and trends to provide input into the margin and price management for the geography, making recommendations on ways to improve at regular intervals.
· Develop sales excellence with respect to growing, acquiring, retaining and defending sales in the region at the channel and grower level.
· Manage/expand current distribution network with emphasis on increasing the reach of the distribution network.
· Work effectively with peers, colleagues in Product Management, R&D, and Operations.
· Actively engage in appropriate industry associations as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years of proven success in agriculture sales. Must have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales objectives as a sales agronomist for high value specialty products as well as demonstrated superior territory sales and management skills and expertise
Significant travel (about 50%) within the US and as required for internal and external meetings and conferences.
Necessary skill sets
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
PC proficient, ability to demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications, Concur Expense Reimbursement and salesforce.
Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates excellent presentation skills to retailers, distribution partners, growers/end-users, and other industry personnel.
Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet client needs; able to read and interpret written information and able to present numerical data effectively.
Provides vision and inspiration to prospective clients. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; ability to close sales.
Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively; uses time efficiently; maintains positive and professional office setting for employees and visitors.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and industry related periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Superior ability to extract data from systems to write reports, business correspondences and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.